Sunday, December 27, 2015

Coffee creamers

I love coffee and have since I was a little girl when my dad gave me half a cup coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and filled almost to the top with milk.  I continue to look for that perfect cup of coffee.  I first love the aroma of roasted coffee.  Even when I don't need to buy coffee, I will stop at Meijers at the coffee grinder and linger in the area just so I can smell that beautiful aroma.  We are creatures of habit so over the years we have purchased Folgers just like mom and dad then one day we got a cup of Maxwell...now we are hooked on Maxwell House.  

I like to have my crazy coffee in the morning while we do Bible study...crazy coffee is 1 T of coconut oil and a touch of butter blended with my hot fresh cup of coffee then I top it off with a couple of T of amaretto creamer.  Now I almost go into a panic when I can not purchase my creamer, I watch for it in every grocery store!  Where am I going with this you ask...well, I have came very close to running out before I found my next supply of amaretto creamer so I went on a search to see what I could do to make my own.  Pinterest lead me to many sites.  I picked out 2 recipes and I am trying them out.


I mixed one can of sweetened condensed milk, I half and half with 2 t of almond extract and 1 t I'd cherry extract and poured this mixture into my new bottle I found on the 40% off sale at Tractor Supply.   I then made a fresh pot of coffee and tried it out...not as good as my Amaretta creamer...so then I whipped up another batch but this time I used dry ingredients except for the extracts.


I used my blender...1 c sugar blended with the 2 t almond extract and 1 t cherry extract.  It clumped so I waited a short time and then added coffee creamer.  It smells good but I wanted to be able to sleep tonight so I am holding off that taste test until tomorrow...I will get back with you!

Love my new bottle and will continue to tweak the Amaretta creamer recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment